If you love rustic pasta texture, with ridges and cavities that hold the sauce, this is a workshop you can’t miss!
Discover the tradition of homemade artisan pasta and learn to make your own water-based pasta dish at this cosy and intimate cooking class. Unlike fresh egg pasta, water-based pasta is made with only water and semolina flour. This way of pasta making creates a unique and rough consistency that satisfies even the more demanding palates!
During the class I’ll guide you through the secrets of kneading and shaping pasta, using recipes that belongs to an old heritage from the South of Italy, where I comes from. No worries if you’re a pasta newbie, this class is perfect for beginners.
In this pasta making class you’ll make:
- Fresh water-based pasta dough from scratch.
- Orecchiette, cavatelli, busiate and many other pasta shapes.
- A sauce to accompany your pasta (the recipe will depend on the best seasonal available produce and on your dietary requirements).
During the class I will explain some history of pasta and its different shapes and will share some valuable tips on how to create the perfect pasta dough. You’ll also learn how to dress the pasta, choosing the best sauce for each shape.
Throughout this pasta class, you’ll learn how to:
- Choose the right semolina flour for best results.
- Mix semolina with other kinds of flour.
- Handle water-based pasta dough to make countless shapes by hand or with easy-to-find tools.
- Come up with fillings and sauce pairings.
- Cook and store fresh pasta.
At the end of the class, you’ll enjoy lunch (made by you!) with your fellow pasta-makers and you’ll head home full of delicious traditional pasta with a host of new cooking skills to use time and time again.
Unless booked as a private session, this class requires a minimum age of 14-years-old for attendance. Exceptions to this age requirement must be agreed in advance. However, everyone in the kitchen needs to have their own individual paid spot regardless of age.
- Complimentary tea and coffee.
- Recipes emailed to your inbox.
- An apron to wear in class.
- All equipment and ingredients included.
- A pen and a notebook if you’d like to take your own notes.
- I will provide everything, but if you want to help lessen the impact on the environment, please bring your own Tupperware and a reusable bag to take leftover pasta home.