If you like Italian food and culture, you don’t want to miss this delicious baking class!
At this baking and desserts making class, I will introduce you to some of the most traditional tarts, flans and biscuits from the north and south of Italy. You will be welcomed into my home kitchen in North West London to take part in your class. Get ready for a fun and friendly session with a small group of like-minded people!
During this baking class, you will learn to make:
- Cantucci, almond biscotti traditionally from Tuscany, to enjoy with coffee or dipped in sweet white wine.
- Torta della nonna (Grandma cake) – a delicious shortcrust pastry pie, filled with vanilla creme patisserie and topped with pine nuts, traditionally from Liguria.
- Panna cotta with orange caramel sauce.
At this Italian baking class, you will learn how to:
- Make the perfect shortcrust pastry for biscuits and tarts.
- Prepare and flavour creme pâtissière, to use a filling on a variety of occasions.
- Prepare caramel and turn it into a sauce for flans and other preparations.
- Use gelatine to set mousse and flan.
- Build your confidence in baking on your own.
- Improve your own recipes and be creative in the kitchen.
Whether you need a sweet day out in London or just fancy learning some new skills, this baking class is an ideal activity to enjoy solo or with loved ones. You’ll walk away with plenty of delicious baked goods to share with your nearest and dearest and with a few new dessert recipes to make at home and enjoy whenever you need a sugary pick-me-up.
Unless booked as a private session, this class requires a minimum age of 16-years-old for attendance. Exceptions to this age requirement must be agreed in advance. However, everyone in the kitchen needs to have their own individual paid spot regardless of age.
- Complimentary tea and coffee.
- Recipes emailed to your inbox.
- An apron to wear in class.
- All equipment and ingredients included.
- Plenty of baked goods to take home.
- A pen and a notebook if you’d like to take your own notes.
- I will provide everything, but if you want to help lessen the impact on the environment, please bring your own tupperware and a reusable bag to take bakes home.