If you have a thing for sweet-fried-treats, that’s a workshop you don’t wanna miss!
In this hands-on class I’ll show you how to turn few basic ingredients into the most delicious Doughnuts, going through all the stages of the preparation: from kneading to proofing, from shaping to frying. I’ll teach you all the secrets to have a light and fluffy dough, to shape Doughnuts and have them all equal in size and thickness, as well as the ideal frying time.
Whilst the dough is proofing we will be making a vanilla custard filling that will persuade also the most demanding palates. So, wether you like your Doughnuts plain or filled, there will be choice for everyone!
And to wrap up this session, will prepare some classic Churros, made of piped choux pastry and deep fried. We will take this Spanish and Portuguese street food tradition to the next level, by rolling churros in cinnamon sugar or dipping them into a luscious chocolate sauce.
No worries if you’re a beginner, you’ll have tailored support throughout the class as you pick up all the skills to make these delicious sweet treats.
During this hands-on session you will learn how to:
- Make Doughnuts two ways, plane with sugar and filled with cream
- Get creative in choosing different fillings for your Donuts
- Make choux pastry and pipe to perfection to make the best Churros
- Make chocolate ganache to coat your Churros
- Get new ideas to make filled churros
- Choose the best oil for deep frying
- Deep fry in safety taking some basic precautions
- Complimentary tea and coffee.
- Recipes emailed to your inbox.
- An apron to wear in class.
- All equipment and ingredients included.
- Plenty of baked goods to take home.
- A pen and a notebook if you’d like to take your own notes.
- I will provide everything, but if you want to help lessen the impact on the environment, please bring your own tupperware and a reusable bag to take bakes home.
Unless booked as a private session, this class requires a minimum age of 14-years-old for attendance. Exceptions to this age requirement must be agreed in advance. However, everyone in the kitchen needs to have their own individual paid spot regardless of age.
Add a review