Learn some of the most delicate and tasty french dessert recipes in a relaxing, hands-on workshop. You’ll master new skills having fun with a small group of people and will take home everything you’ve been baking on the day.
No previous experience required! During the class I’ll guide you step by step through some easy to follow demonstrations and we’ll be making together three incredible recipes: choux pastry, shortcrust pastry and vanilla crème pâtissière.
We will be using these preparations to make a delicious fruit tart filled with vanilla crème pât and decorated with berries, plus some profiteroles filled with whipped cream and dipped in chocolate.
Each sweet treat you learn to make, will empower you with some useful techniques that you can take into your own kitchen time and time again.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to make a melt-in-the-mouth shortcrust pastry for sweet and savoury preparations
- How to blind bake
- How to make the perfect choux pastry for eclairs and profiteroles
- The essentials techniques to properly pipe pastry and frostings
- How to prepare and flavour a reach and silky crème pâtissière
- A lot of tips and tricks to build confidence baking on your own
- How to improve your own recipes and be creative while baking
If you’re looking for a birthday party idea or a unique hens party idea for a small group of friends to enjoy, then this baking class is for you! It’s ideal for beginners and seasoned bakers, so no matter what your skill level, everyone is welcome.
- Complimentary tea and coffee.
- Recipes emailed to your inbox.
- An apron to wear in class.
- All equipment and ingredients included.
- Plenty of baked goods to take home.
- A pen and a notebook if you’d like to take your own notes.
- I will provide everything, but if you want to help lessen the impact on the environment, please bring your own tupperware and a reusable bag to take bakes home.
Unless booked as a private session, this class requires a minimum age of 14-years-old for attendance. Exceptions to this age requirement must be agreed in advance. However, everyone in the kitchen needs to have their own individual paid spot regardless of age.