Whether you’ve always wanted to bake a batch of beautiful Macarons and wanted to learn from a pro or you’ve tried it before and they didn’t turn out quite as you’d hoped, join this baking class and demystify the art of French macaron baking!
I will explain all the tricks and techniques to have perfectly smooth and well-shaped French macarons, through easy-to-follow step-by-step explanations.
During this hands-on session you will learn how to:
- Enrich Macarons shells with different flavours.
- Colour shells using food colouring gel.
- Properly pipe Macarons batter.
- Avoid cracks and have perfectly smooth Macarons.
- Make three different fillings (chocolate ganache, salted butter caramel, lemon curd).
- Mix and match different fillings.
- Decorate Macaron shells before and after baking.
- Lots of troubleshooting.
I will be on hand throughout the session for any troubleshooting help you may need and you’ll gain plenty of inspiration for different combinations of flavours and fillings to create your own signature Macarons.
At the end of the class, you will leave with the confidence to bake mouth-watering Macarons on your own, along with everything you’ve made during the session to share with friends and family.
Unless booked as a private session, this class requires a minimum age of 14-years-old for attendance. Exceptions to this age requirement must be agreed in advance. However, everyone in the kitchen needs to have their own individual paid spot regardless of age.
- Complimentary tea and coffee.
- Recipes emailed to your inbox.
- An apron to wear in class.
- All equipment and ingredients included.
- Plenty of baked goods to take home.
- A pen and a notebook if you’d like to take your own notes.
- I will provide everything, but if you want to help lessen the impact on the environment, please bring your own tupperware and a reusable bag to take bakes home.